Friday, December 20, 2013

I Won 2nd Place!

I just opened a Christmas present!
That's me, above, with three of my eight siblings, and I just opened a Christmas present!  I just found out I won 2nd place in the Frontgate® Inspire Holiday Pinterest Challenge!

Many thanks to all of you who may have voted for my board - whether just once, or many times (like the one sister above, second from right). :)  My heart and home are happy, filled with anticipation for Christmas Eve and sharing good food, a white elephant gift exchange, and [hopefully] lots of good family time together.

Now, back to kitchen, and baking.  Here's what I did last night - Oreo truffles.
I have a list a mile long to cover, as do many of you.  My daughter makes fun of me, but here's what I do each year (this is last year's, but I save them, and update each year, since 2006):
I chart out the week prior to the big day, including weather & percent chance of rain (it impacts whether I have to prepare the welcome bags and candles!).  I note my chores, and even chart out oven-time sequencing for Christmas Eve final prep.  You see, we go to my husband's sister's home for Christmas Eve Day, so I have to be totally ready when I get home around 5pm - and make my assembly line in time for a 7pm buffet.  I like my to-do list for Christmas Day best of all. ;)

I know, it's crazy, it's OCD, but it's me.  A girl who loves her list, and loves checking it off even more. Organized insanity.

Happy Weekend!  Hope you get to cross off lots of things on your lists!
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment