Friday, April 6, 2018

Regional Taste Swap

One of the things I like to do whenever I travel to other places is find out where and what the locals eat. It's almost always something tasty. Well, several of the Traveling Tote Tribe thought it would be fun to swap regional tastes among us, so today I'm sharing a taste of Austin, TX.
My fellow tribe member, Sarah, from Hyacinths for the Soul, sent me the package you see pictured above. Consistent with "Keeping Austin Weird" (the city's motto), Sarah sent me a grapefruit jelly, but balanced it out with another, more mainstream flavor, cranberry pecan sauce. Both are made by a small producer, Confituras, and marketed through Whole Foods, also an Austin-based company (did you know??).

Sarah may or may not have known how much I love bread when she also sent me a package of home-baked, multi-grain delectables, made by her husband (who happens to also be her personal chef). Much like muffins, when sliced horizontally and toasted, they are absolutely delicious, with or without the jellies. The bad news is the bread is gone; the good news is I still have more of both of the jellies to enjoy for a while longer.

On the flip side of our swap, I sent Sarah a package of the taste of West Virginia. Pictured below is a preview of what I sent, but be sure to visit Sarah to see what she received.

Many thanks to Patti at Pandora's Box for organizing the swap partners within our Traveling Tote tribe. In case you want to stop by and see what the other pairs who participated each swapped, they are as follows:
Patti at Pandora's Box and Emily at The French Hutch
Ricki Jill at The Sketchy Reader and Jackie at Purple Chocolat Home
Linda G at More Fun Less Laundry and Deb at Mountain Breaths
Linda P at Life and Linda and Jenna at The Painted Apron
They'll be posting no later than Tuesday, April 10, 2018.

This was just another fun way to get to know each other a little better, the way the locals do.

Thanks for stopping by. If you were sharing a taste of your region to mail, what would you choose? Leave a comment, and let me know the region, too. If I'm ever traveling your way, I may have to pick whatever it is up to take home!

Rita C. at Panoply

Sharing: One More TimePieced Pastimes, Best of the Weekend, Amaze Me, DIDIBNOTP, Show & ShareInspire MeMake it PrettyThe ScoopDagmar's HomeCelebrate Your Story,SYS, SYCDelightsome Life H&GGrace at Home, Vintage Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment